Happy Halloween!

To celebrate Halloween, we continued the OC tradition of writing some 2 sentence horror stories.

CAUTION: Don’t read before bedtime.

My mother always serves up a strange meat for dinner. It tasted good until I discovered what it was. – Jules

I went to my friend’s house for dinner and waited for the main course. It was me! – Ember

I smiled at the sound of the familiar tick-tock of my grandfather’s only-working watch. My smile faded as I remembered that the watch was buried with him. – Emma

I set the ringtone on my phone to the sound of screaming for Halloween. I heard it ring, but then realised with horror my phone was switched off. – Chelsea

It’s midnight, I’m tired and about to fall over as I lean against a tall pole. However, I realise this pole has arms and is staring at me. – Eliza

My mum never told me how my dad died. But I saw how my sister died. – Eleanor

I used to think clowns were funny. That was until one appeared in my closet. – Jules

I don’t want to do it, it just happens. I love the look on people’s faces as they die and so does my doll. She told me to do it. – Celeste

I went to take a look, just in case I hadn’t imagined it. My eyes never closed again. – Emma

There’s a knife on your bed but you don’t worry. Until it’s in your head. – Blade

I fell over and grazed my knee. I was about to get up, but something was holding me down. – Griffin

“There’s nothing under your bed, go back to sleep!” “He’s behind you now.” – Amie

A noise behind me, I turn. It was nothing, I try to reassure myself. Again it rings out. I turn my face frozen in shock, it’s finally found me. – William

My mum walks into my room and says ‘look behind you’. It is only now that I regret falling for her trick. – Oscar

At first I thought the knocking was coming from my window. Then it came again, but from the mirror. – Layla

I hear a soft singing coming from the room next to me. My roommate passed away two years ago. – Mika

My favourite toy is a knife. My favourite colour is red. – Ember

My mother always told me to be nice to strangers. Now I’m having a friendly conversation with the stranger from my closet who’s holding a knife. – Noah K

I made my little brother a paper boat. He was never seen again. – Ty

I reach for the covers of the bed. Then realise that I’m not in my room. – Fin

I was sitting on my bed one night, waiting for my parents to say goodnight. But they never came. – Dexter

I carefully placed a flower in front of my wife’s grave. ”Is that for me?” someone says behind me. – Chloe

I reached for the lamp in the dusty bedroom. Someone had already done it for me. – Fin

I used to love watching werewolf movies. I stopped when I heard howling next door. – Jules

I wake up in the dark with an unsettling feeling that someone is watching me and realise with horror that I am not where I went to sleep. I stand and walk towards a disturbing rustling noise and suddenly hear a piercing shriek and feel an excruciating pain vibrating through my body as I flop to the ground. – Raquel

I saw my favourite colour once in a dream, it’s red. I woke up the next morning to see it splattered all over my bedroom floor. Lying amongst it was my father’s body, the front door slammed shut. – Ellen

I usually sleep alone. Now someone sleeps next to me. – Liana

My brother hates chess but tonight he decided to play with me. Every time I took a piece, he winced and another cut appeared on his face. I won the game. – William

My mum is very secretive about her job. Last night I discovered she’s a serial killer. – Ember

I smile at the familiar teacher, writing up tomorrow’s lesson on the board. He’s the teacher who never seems to grow tired of his job, even after he’s been buried in the ground. for years. – Emma

My Mum just finished washing the dishes. So why are the knives dripping with blood? – Mika

I knocked on the glass. My reflection merely blinked at me. – Layla

2 thoughts on “Happy Halloween!

1. Hey miss,
    there are some pretty good ones going on here, i really Ty’s. He seems like a pretty cool dude. Do you remember our stories, I wrote a pretty terrifying one:
    I look in the mirror. I am Rory.
    Good to see you using the same stuff, continuing traditions.

• Hello there, captain better than Vincent and Rory. You make me laugh!!! Our 2 sentence horror stories have become an OC tradition. I’m glad you approve!